Winner of the 2017 LEAF (Leading European Architects Forum) award for the best commercial building in the world & showcased in FutureArc 2017 for its green architecture.
Paramit’s Malaysia facility started as an 82,000 square foot building with 500 employees in 2011. At the time, the facility produced complex security technologies like fire and gas detection, digital level measurement, automotive heating, and farm information management solutions. Because our engineering and ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 compliance was in place in all of these sectors already, we easily expanded to manufacturing medical devices and life sciences instrumentation.
Our new Malaysian facility opened in January 2017 and doubles our manufacturing capacity in Penang to 150,000 square feet. The entire five-acre site is conceived as a forest that penetrates, surrounds and steps over the buildings, maximizing contact with nature — and is also an architectural competition award winner. What is now called “the factory in the forest” addresses the unique characteristics of the Malaysian climate and is designed to create maximum energy efficiency and reduce power requirements. All office levels give direct access to green roof gardens and both offices and the factory look into a large green-shaded courtyard that can be used for meetings and relaxation.
Paramit Malaysia offers:
- PCB Assembly + Test
- Automated conformal coating and chemical encapsulation
- Shares the same ERP system, quality philosophy and business culture as Paramit Morgan Hill
- ISO 13485:2003 and ISO/TS16949:2009
- vPoke mechanical assembly
- The rigor of medical device manufacturing for high reliability non-medical applications
- NPI in the Bay Area, volume manufacturing in low cost region with strong IP protection
Learn more about the Factory in the Forest.